Institut Portuaire d’Enseignement et de Recherche (IPER) at EM Normandie will celebrate the World Maritime Day, on Wednesday 3 July 2019 on the Le Havre Campus of Ecole Nationale Supérieure Maritime (ENSM). As a harbinger of the coming World Day organised by IMO (the International Maritime Organisation on 26 September in London (UK) on « Empowering Women in Maritime Community », this event will bring to light female success stories in the port sector. IMO, ENSM, HAROPA-Port du Havre, Union Maritime et Portuaire du Havre, Cluster Maritime Français and WISTA France will support the organisation of this day of exchange which will once again demonstrate their common determination to be pro-active in the evolutions of this sector.
‘This is the third time IPER celebrates the World Maritime Day in Le Havre. Originally, our wish was to support, at our level, IMO in its actions and to reflect the confidence IMO has had in IPER for over 30 years. This event will also be an opportunity to uphold at national level the cohesion and high level of competency of maritime and port actors on the Le Havre site and to confirm IPER in its role as a vector of the French port knowhow,‘ IPER Director Céline Rolland explains.
Women Empowerment in the maritime community: a critical stake for IMO
Through the topic selected for its World Maritime Day 2019, IMO wishes to raise the awareness of the public at large of the importance of gender equality, under the framework of the UNO Sustainable Development Goal N°5 and emphasise the essential role, albeit poorly exploited to date, of women in the maritime sector.
On a daily basis, IMO acts in favour of women empowerment by giving them grants to access high level technical training programmes and make their evolution easier in ports, administrations and maritime training institutions.
World Maritime Day Programme
3.20 pm: Talk « Empowering Women in the Maritime Community »
- Helen Buni, IMO Representative.
- Marie-Laure Bailly-Maître, Head of The Port Organisation and Regulation Department, French Ministry of Environment, Energy and Sea.
- Paul Tourret, Director, ISEMAR
- Céline Longuepée, Communication Director - HAROPA - Ports de Paris Seine Normandie
- Michel Segain, President, UMEP - Le Havre
- Marie-Noëlle Tine, President, WISTA France and Deputy Director of the French Maritime Cluster
- Alexandre Lavissière, Assistant Professor of Management, Supply Chain and Logistics, EM Normandie
Wednesday 3 July 2019, as from 3pm at ENSM (Le Havre)